Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Indian Village Dancing

In the early years of Disneyland, the Indian Village was a very popular attraction. One of the main draws was the dancing demonstrations on the main stage. Most photo collections of the time period have some images of Indian Village and most are of the dancers. These two photographs do capture the crowd watching the Native American dancer. In the background there is a camera bug taking photos with his expensive camera and also a poor dad holding two Mickey Mouse balloons.

And a note, I stated the restaurant yesterday was the Red Wagon Inn, but rather it is the sister restaurant the Plaza Pavilion. The Pavillion (as called in the early years) was a buffet restaurant and had two dining areas, the Victorian theming on Main Street and tropical on the Adventureland side. Thanks to K. Martinez for pointing this out. I should know better than to rely on my brain early in the morning to remember the details....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vintage shots from the 'Way-back" machine. And a very distant memory to me which I can recall it thanks to your efforts. KS

Anonymous said...

I always felt I missed out on the Indian village. I appreciate the idea of a park that has fantasy and realisn, though I get that the village wouldn't fly today. BTW miss your posts. Hope all is well.

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.